If you ask my husband- when I get an idea that I am excited about, he will tell you that I need to do it right away. I am generally anticipating it way to much and cannot wait!! Perhaps that is what they call impatience, but when I am so passionate about something I can’t help it! I am one of those people that when I set my mind to something, I go all in. I live it, I breathe it, it is often on my mind and I will happily share with those around me.
I have always been a fan of reading. In fact, at one point I was apart of a book club. We met every month for over 2 years and we all took turns picking a book. We would then meet and discuss the book and pick the next one! It was an amazing time for me because I got to read so many different books, some books that I would have never otherwise picked up. Late into pregnancy, and shortly after my daughter was born, I felt like I had no time and I was worried that I would never be able to find the time to read again. (Now I see that was a bit dramatic, but when you’re a new mom and super sleep deprived any crazy thought can seem like a real reality!)
Over the last couple of months specifically, I have really been building my wellness library. I have developed a mantra that I find to be very true. “You are what you read”. When you have a goal- if you live and breathe it, you will surely be successful, because your mind will always be focused on it. As I continue to strive to make my life the best that it can be, and with hopes to better the lives of others around me, I want to equip myself with the most knowledge that I can.
So what’s in my library? In the last 2 months I have bought 8 books. Yes!! And I have every intention of reading them all! Some I found through social media, some were recommended to me by others that I know have read them, some were given to me by my mom who is always thinking of me, and some were simply suggestions for me to look at after I purchased other ones (that’s how they get ya isn’t it?).
- The Living Clearly Method: 5 Principles for a Fit Body, Healthy Mind and Joyful Life by Hilaria Baldwin- who I found out after I bought it was Alec Baldwin’s wife!
- Pretty Happy by Kate Hudson
- Healthy is the new Skinny by Katie Willcox- one of the most real, body and self perception changing books I have read! (thank you Katie <3)
- The Universe has your Back: Transform Fear to Faith by Gabrielle Bernstein
- The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightement By Eckhart Tolle
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- Body Love by Kelly Leveque
- The Gift of Imperfections: Let go of who you think you are and embrace who you’re supposed to be by Brene Brown
- You are a Badass by Jen Sincero
- The Little Book of Hygge: The Danish Way to Live Well by Meik Wiking
- Good Enough: Embrace who you are and unleash your brilliance by Anne Day and Amy Vodarek
Ok so as I made my list, it looks like I may have added more that 8 books to my library this month. Have I gotten carried away? Heck no! Never stop learning. Never stop bettering yourself and growing, getting closer to your potential and getting to a balanced and happy life!
Hugs and Kisses,
*This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you decide to indulge, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you! I will never link anything that I wouldn’t read or use myself. Thanks for supporting my interests and making them your own <3