Who doesn’t love pizza? Warm gooey cheese, soft chewy bread, the savoury pepperoni and all the toppings. Are you drooling yet? I am a huge pizza lover. It is almost ALWAYS my go to when I don’t feel much in the mood for cooking. And because of this, I had been looking for a healthier alternative to your traditional bread crust. Thankfully, I found this delicious cauliflower crust recipe! Modified from the Food Network Website (I cant help but make every recipe I use my own!)
There is some time involved in creating this, but I will say to you it is completely worth it! One thing I will emphasize is that you really take the time to press all the moisture out of the cauliflower. It will make it more dry and more likely to crisp up!
I added pepperoni, spinach, green olives and cheese, but you can add whatever you want! That’s the beauty of pizza!
1 head of cauliflower, finely chopped in food processor
½ cup of shredded mozzarella
¼ cup grated Parmesean
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp seal salt
½ tsp garlic powder (more if you like things garlicy like me!)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Press the cauliflower into a towel or paper towel to ensure that most of the moisture is out. Repeat as much as necessary until it feels less damp. (You’d be surprised how much water is in this veggie!
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the all ingredients with the cauliflower and mix.
- Transfer to the baking sheet and press out into a pizza crust shape. Bake for 20 mins
- When crust is golden brown and easy to pick up- top with your favorite toppings and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
Hugs and Kisses,