Greens, greens, greens. I love to educate people about the benefits of greens and what they can do for your insides. And if you are anything like me, I am always looking for fresh new ways to incorporate a serving of greens into my day.
I am excited to share with you the recipe I found. It was very simple to make and is loaded with healthy veggies! It’s also loaded with some pretty beneficial stuff for your body. The uncooked garlic added to the soup really boosts your immune system. Parsley is a natural diuretic and helps reduce bloating, so does the lemon! Cilantro helps with anxiety and can lower your blood sugar. Have I sold you on the soup yet??
The lemon added to the soup at the end when you blend it gives the soup real kick, and will keep you coming back for more!! I hope you enjoy it, I will just be over here making this soup on repeat.
Warm Zesty Green Soup
2 large yellow onions, chopped
1 zucchini, cubed
1 head of kale, finely chopped
1 head broccoli, roughly chopped including stems
4 cups vegetable broth
1 whole head of garlic, minced
½ cup packed cilantro
½ cup packed parsley
2 lemons, juiced
3 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 tsp sea salt
- In a large pot, heat coconut oil over medium heat until warm. Add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add zucchini, kale and broccoli and cook for 5-7 minutes until they appear warmed and the kale has whilted.
- Pour in vegetable stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 25 mins.
- Turn off heat, remove lid and add garlic, then place in fridge to cool for 20 minutes.
- Blend with cilantro, parsley, lemon and sea salt until smooth.
I really hope you will try this recipe… and fall in love!
Hugs and Kisses,