Eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring, or depriving. In fact, there are some amazing recipes out there that take the comfort foods you love and bring them to you in more nutritious, fueling kinds of ways! You just have to find them.
Who doesn’t love a good brownie? What if I told you that you could make rich, fluffy, chocolaty brownies, from black beans, and no one would ever know! Too good to be true? Definitely not!
Today I am sharing with you my favorite healthy brownie recipe that has been a huge crowd pleaser. Everyone I have given them to when I make them, can’t believe they aren’t ‘real’ brownies.
The recipe is from Ambitious Kitchen, but to make this easy I have pasted it for you below. My own little addition is instead of putting the salt into the recipe, I like to sea salt the top before I bake them for that sweet and salty taste.
- 1 – 15 oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 of a large extra ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (important to use a VERY good quality powder!)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips of choice, plus 2 tablespoons for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 8×8 inch baking pan.
- Place all ingredients besides chocolate chips into blender or food processor. Process or puree until ingredients form a smooth batter. If the batter is WAY too thick and won’t process then add in a teaspoon or two of water. This batter needs to be very thick in order to produce fudgy brownies. Add in 1/3 cup chocolate chips and fold into batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of remaining chocolate chips. You can also fold in nuts or swirl in peanut butter. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out somewhat clean and top of the brownies begin to crack.
- Cool pan completely on wire rack then cut into 12 delicious squares.
Thank you to Monique for her AMAZING recipe!
Hugs and Kisses,